Monday, August 9, 2010

My Three Wisdom Tooth Tale

So on Friday at 9:30am I lost my wisdom teeth. I was lucky to only have 3, 2 on top and one on the bottom. The one on the bottom the surgeon told me was bigger than normal and went down by nerve. In the Panoramic x-ray it looks like my tooth goes through the nerve, so they had me get a CTSCAN to get a 3D image of it. Turns out my nerve ran along the front of the tooth, which is unusual because they usually run on the side closer to the tongue. The doctor said it should be fine, but taking the tooth out may aggravate the nerve and I would lose feeling in my lower lip for a few weeks but that it would come back with time. So the last thing I remember is having the laughing gas strapped around my nose and the nurse shoving some kind of black device in my mouth to keep it open. Then I was out. I had a weird dream about some wood panels (thats all I remember of it), and I had a hard time waking up from the anesthesia. The only other thing I remember about getting to the car is that I wanted Jenny, the brown haired nurse to walk me out. Which she did, so that was good. We made a video of me in the car. I find it enjoyable, hopefully you will too. 




After this video I called Ben and told him "I lub you." It was his favorite thing. I also told him how my tongue felt dry and I wanted water. When I tried drinking water I ended up spitting it out with some blood. When I got home my mom was on the phone with my brother Nicholas, so I insisted on talking with him too. I told him about my dream with wood. That's all I remember telling him. Next my mom gave me my phone and I called my Dad. No idea what I said to him. Overall the surgery and recovery went/is going really well. I didn't get much more swollen than this.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You are so cute! I hope I look that cute if I ever have to have mine taken out!

    ReplyDelete